- Cult of Pedagogy: 12 Ways to Support English Learners in the Mainstream Classroom: This page is not only worth a read for my English colleagues but for language teachers in general, as it names 12 interesting ways to cope with heterogeneous classes.
- Novelicious: There’s an App for That – 22 Apps and Tools Every Writer Should Know About: If you want to improve your students’ or your own writing (process) this site provides its readers with different tools for the different stages of writing.
- BBC: Learning English
- BBC Learning English: English at Work
- The EduBlogger: 100 ideas and prompts for student blogging: You want to start blogging in you class and do not have any ideas about what to blog about and how to blog? The edubloggers offer 100 + ideas and prompts you can integreate into your classroom.
- Edutopia: 6 Scaffolding Strategies to Use With Your Students: Edutopia is the nonplus ultra website for general information about teaching and learning. It’s not necessarily focused on digital media but teaching and learning and its different settings.
- Sean Banville: Breaking News English; Free ESL Materials and ESL Discussions. Sean Banville is one of the busiest people regarding content curation. He's actually curating 9 different websites containing ESL materials.
- Larry Ferlazzo: Websites of the Day. Larry Ferlazzo is a highly active curator whose Websites of the Day and English Website are great resources for my teaching process (not only regarding the content but also methodology).
- Teacher Reboot Camp: Celebrating Diversity and Peace This Thanksgiving. If you need any kind of inspiration Teacher Reboot Camp has the solution ;-)
- The Global Digital Citizen Foundation: 22 Online Tools That Will Help Learners With Improving Writing Skills. There are some good pages with resources for learning not only languages but in general. You need a login to access more resources...
- British Council: The British Council offers four interesting websites offering many useful resources: Learn English, Learn English Kids, Learn English Teens, Teaching English
Mittwoch, 8. November 2017
Language learning and teaching: some websites I have to share with you
There are so many good websites that help language learners (and teachers) to cope with their every day’s business. When surfing the web, you come across so many good advice and there are loads of influencer you have to know regarding language teaching and learning, especially when it comes to English as a Second Language (ESL). Yesterday, I gave an insight into my favourite French resources, today I want to do the same for English (even though these sites may also be seen as a resource for all language teachers and learners who are able to understand an English text).